Saturday 6 June 2015

Corporate Dress Code

Each organization defines their own dress code. Frankly speaking uniforms are the best. You need not worry on what has to be worn every day to work. I am not saying that it’s easy for men to choose what they want to wear but choosing what to wear for women is more complicated.
In most of the organization in Indian private sector, women population is roughly 10-15% when it comes to middle management and top management and the age group is 35+ years. When you fall in that group your dress code becomes very important. Among 20 colleagues only 1 or 2 would be women while attending any key meetings. Under these circumstances one should not look odd. The female dress should gel with the blues and greys and whites in the room. If you are a person like me who rarely wears western clothes, then you have to make your wisest choice.
In this post I am going to talk about saree as the choice of attire. I feel saree’s are more comfortable and the options are innumerable. For every day work, we can go for cotton ikkat’s, Bengal cotton, block prints, chettinad cotton, mangalagiri, Kanchi cotton, or Maheshwari.

For chettinad and mangala giri saree I usually do not go for plain blouses. I try to pair them with kantha work, block print or differently weaved ikkat blouses. But if we have to attend team meetings or conferences it is better to go for pastel shades and apart from cotton’s, Tussar/simple silks look great.  



Though in the movie the actress has not potrayed  the role of a corporate person but the costume design can be effortlessly followed.  
Go back and watch the movie again to get more inspirations. If you have any questions on what was the type of saree worn, you can ping me and I will clarify :)
Initially, I was apprehensive to link this post to a movie but then I thought it was the right fit so why not. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment