Sunday 14 June 2015

Prepping For The Wedding Season

The wedding season has started in my family. Every year I look forward to such occasions even though it makes a big hole in my pocket.  A wedding season is nothing but a shopping season which I love.

If a wedding is performed in an old traditional fashion then we will need minimum 4 to 5 sarees. One would not just need sarees but would also need matching jewelry. I have been following a jewelry buying tradition for many years now. Whenever a wedding happens in my family I buy a piece of jewelry. This way I can I easily remember the year of purchase and calculate the ROI (Return On Investment) J

Even this year I wanted to buy some jewelry and I visited my trusted jeweler. I liked an enameled gold antique pendant. Once the price was calculated it was nowhere close to what I expected so I bought an other piece of jewelry for the marriage. I left the store with a heavy heart as I was not able to buy what I liked.


I liked the enameled jewelry so much that I started googling to see if similar pieces were available. I did not find a similar piece but found “Sayuri” in Chennai.  

Sayuri is owned by Divya who believes in creating contemporary and fashionable pieces by incorporating recycling and reusing. Her tagline is "Designed to please your soul".

Each and every peice is handcrafted by her. 

Divya creates jewelry based on different themes. Only after I met Divya I found that ragas were depicted in pictorial form in our ancient scriptures. Divya has created a range of jewelry based on ragas. Most of her Raga based jewelry has been sold out but it is worth seeing the pictures for visual treat.

Here is Ragamala by Sayuri.  Click on the link to read more.



Finally, the peice of jewelry Divya created for me. Radha madhav bib. I just love it because it is so unique:




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful Post, Bindhu. The joy of creating beautiful things gets multiplied when worn and appreciated by beautiful people like you :)

    ReplyDelete